Since you’ve been at Wake Forest, how well have you gotten to know your friends? Your professors? Your campus? How well have you gotten to know the community that Wake Forest is a part of? Chances are, there is a lot you may not know about Winston-Salem and Forsyth County. Below are links to several community resources to help you become more aware of the needs in our community so that you can begin to enrich your academic experience through public engagement.
- “Forsyth Futures tracks indicators and supports initiatives that address residents’ economic self-sufficiency, engagement in their community, educational success, mental and physical health, and safety.” Look at present data compared to data from the past on the progress being made in these five areas.
- A great resourse for events, restaurants, the arts scene, and other information and news about the local community in the Winston-Salem area
- Find opportunities by searching the largest volunteer network in the nation that includes more than 70,000 corporate, faith and nonprofit organizations.
- Search the Volunteer Service Corps website to learn more about ways to get involved on campus and in the community, including service trips to different states and countries.
- Learn more about the education, income, and health goals of the United Way and find ways to be involved with their mission.
- Open-access, expert-driven guide to nonprofit career opportunities